We welcome new staff at New Moon and are always looking for people who love working with children, enjoy the outdoors, and have strong leadership skills. Whether it be for counselling, specialty staff or a senior leadership position, we encourage you to apply. A limited number of spaces are also available for extended contracts during the pre- or post-camp period. We provide bus transportation to and from camp (out of Toronto).
The minimum age for staff is 17 (or turning 17 by the end of the camp season’s calendar year); senior counsellors must be turning 19
- All staff must have Basic First Aid
- Waterfront (sail, canoe, ski) staff must have a minimum of a Bronze Cross, CPR and First Aid certifications
- Canoe Trip guides must have their Bronze Cross or preferably NLS, and Wilderness Emergency First Aid training
- Swim Instructors must have a minimum of Lifesaving Society Instructor and NLS Certifications, CPR and First Aid
- Certain positions (including, but not limited to, Skiing and Ropes staff) require staff to receive additional certification/safety-training courses which will be discussed during the interview process.
The first step is to complete the electronic staff application form using the link below. If this is the first time you have completed the electronic staff application, you will have to create a new account (just follow the instructions!); Bookmark your login credentials (email and password used) or store this information in a safe place! You will need to revisit this site to complete a medical prior to camp.
Once we receive your staff application, we’ll be back in touch to schedule an interview (in person if possible, otherwise by phone or Skype).
KEY DATES 2019
Wednesday, June 19th
Head Staff “Pre-Pre Camp” (unless arranged otherwise)
Sunday, June 23rd
Pre-Camp Training “arrive by 11 AM”
Thursday, June 27th
Thursday, August 15th
Camp Ends (unless contracted for post-camp groups)Staff Application